Youth electrocuted in Odisha while plucking flower

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Nayagarh, Oct 2:

Tragedy struck a family in Odisha’s Nayagarh district after one of its member was electrocuted to death this morning while plucking flowers.

electric shock

According to reports, a youth identified as Kshirod Acharya was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live electric wire connected to the plant in Khandapada block colony premises in the district this morning.

Unaware of the impending danger, Kshirod set out of his house early morning as usual to pluck flowers. However, he was electrocuted after coming in contact with the plant.

Locals rescued him and rushed him immediately to a nearest hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.

Following the incident, enraged locals staged a road blockade at the Fire Station Square by putting the body on the Nayagarh-Khandapada road. They demanded arrest of the culprit and adequate compensation to the kin of the deceased.

Meanwhile, people have handed over one Krushna Pattanaik, who works as Block office driver, to police suspecting him to have charged the flower plant with electric power.

It is suspected that someone had connected live wire to the plant to keep away people from stealing flowers.

Local police have begun investigation into the incident.

Also Read

Comments are closed.