Home ODISHA LATEST Youth charred to death in Odisha’s Balasore

Youth charred to death in Odisha’s Balasore

0
SHARE

Balasore: In a tragic incident, a youth was charred to death after a massive fire broke out at his house at Balibil area near Arada Bazaar in Balasore district here late on Friday night.

The deceased identified as Bhabani Shankar Jena (26), a resident of Anandapur area in Keonjhar district, was working at a private company ‘Utkal Polymer’ near Remuna Golei in Balasore.

The incident took place last night when the fire engulfed the house and Bhabani while he was sleeping.

According to reports, Bhabani was staying on the ground floor in the two-storey building owned by Bhagirathy Moharana. The neighbours rushed out of their houses after hearing the screams of Bhabani and found fire inside the house. The youth could not come out of the house as the door was closed from inside.

All the household articles and Bhabani’s bike parked inside the gate of the houses were also gutted into ashes. The intensity of fire was so high that nobody could dare to enter into the house.

The locals informed the fire tenders to rescue the youth. However, the fire service personnel could not reach the spot because of the narrow road connecting the area. They managed to douse the fire. But, during that period Bhabani had died.

Police recovered the body of the deceased from the house and sent it for the postmortem.

Although, the reason behind the incident is yet unclear, the electric short-circuit or gas cylinder could have been the ’cause’ to trigger fire in the house.