Augusta (Georgia), April 8:
The four-time Masters champion Tiger Woods has confirmed he will compete in Wednesday’s Par 3 Contest of the 2015 Masters with his children Sam and Charlie as caddies.
“My two little ones are going to be out there with me. It’s special,” Woods said on Tuesday, reports Xinhua.
“As I said, this tournament means so much to me in so many different ways.”
It’s the first time ever that Woods plays the Par 3 Contest since 2004.
“We all know what happened in ’97 with my dad’s health, and he was pronounced — well, he was dead at one point earlier that year; came back, and then came here and I won the Masters,” Woods said.
“Charlie has seen me win a golf tournament before. Sam, actually she was there at the US Open in 2008, but doesn’t remember it. It’s nice to be able to share these things with my family and it just means the world to me. They are excited, I’m excited and can’t wait to go out there.”
Woods, the former World No.1, hasn’t won the tournament since 2005. He enters this week as the world’s 111th-ranked player after withdrawing from February’s Farmers Insurance Open to work on his game.
Woods has two children – Sam and Charlie – with his ex-wife former Swedish model Elin Nordegren. They divorced in 2010. IANS