Home STATE CITY Vigilance to probe multiple DQ allotments in Odisha

Vigilance to probe multiple DQ allotments in Odisha

0
SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, May 2:

The Odisha government today gave the go-ahead for a vigilance inquiry into multiple allotment of land, flats and houses under the discredited discretionary quota (DQ) in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack urban areas since January 1, 1995.

housing scheme

Significantly, however, the vigilance would only probe multiple allotments and not all allotments under the discretionary quota.

The decision comes after the modalities for implementation of the recommendations of the Task Force on allotment of land, flats and houses in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack urban areas under the discretionary quota (DQ)  prepared by the Law department in consultation with the Advocate General (AG) were approved by the State Cabinet recently.

Multiple allotments acquired by furnishing false affidavits and incorrect information would likely be cancelled by the state government.

It may be recalled that the state Law Minister Arun Sahu had said on April 20 that the Law department had prepared the modalities and delivered it to the Task Force.

“The Law department was asked to fix modalities and the AG was asked to give his opinion. The AG has given his opinion. The Law department has sent the AG’s opinion to the Task Force. We have to wait for the next course of action in the matter,” Sahu had told media in the last week of April.

However, the Director Estates of the Odisha government Ram Narayan Das had said that the modalities were under consideration of the government and may get the government’s approval in seven to eight days’ time.

It may be mentioned here that a high-level meeting on December 30 last year had decided that the Law department, in consultation with the Advocate General, will fix the modalities for implementation of the Task Force report at the earliest. The meeting was attended by Chief Secretary GC Pati, Law Secretary Mihir Ranjan Parida and Advocate General (AG) Surya Prasad Mishra.

On December 19, the State Cabinet had approved the recommendation of the Task Force for cancellation of all irregular allotment of plots, flats and houses including 1,791 allotments under discretionary quota by Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA), Cuttack Development Authority (CDA), General Administration (GA) department and Orissa State Housing Board (OSHB) since January 1, 1995.