Tehran, Oct 25 :
If the ongoing talks between Iran and the six world powers fail to culminate into a final deal, the US will be blamed, a media report said Saturday.
On Friday, Chairman of the National Security and Foreign Policy Committee of Iran’s Majlis Alaeddin Boroujerdi said that Iran has honoured its obligations under the interim accord it inked with the P5+1 group — the US, Britain, France, Russia and China plus Germany — last year, Press TV reported.
“If this final agreement is not signed, it is as clear as day that the excessive demands of Americans have been the factor behind the failure of the negotiations,” Boroujerdi said.
Boroujerdi’s remarks came after US Under-Secretary of State Wendy Sherman has said that Iran would be responsible for any failure to reach a permanent accord over Tehran’s civilian nuclear work.
Iran and the six major world powers are in talks to work out a final deal aimed at ending the longstanding dispute over the country’s peaceful nuclear activities as a Nov 24 deadline approaches.
In November 2013, the two sides clinched an interim nuclear accord, which took effect on Jan 20 and expired six months later.
However, they agreed to extend their talks until Nov 24 as they remained divided on a number of key issues.