Two women, one girl electrocuted in Odisha

Khordha: In a tragic incident, two women were electrocuted at Tentulidihi village under Banpur police limits in Odisha’s Khordha district, today.

The deceased have been identified as Bidyut Lata Mohapatra and Mamata Mohapatra.

According to reports, grill of the house of Bidyut Lata became electrically charged due to short circuit this morning. She received electric shock on touching the grill. Her neighbour Mamata also met the same fate while trying to rescue her.

Both were rushed to the Balugaon Community Health Centre, where they were declared dead. A pall of gloom descended on the locality after the mishap.

In a similar incident, Chinu Prabha Patra, a class-IX girl student of a residential school, was electrocuted at Raidahi village under Kaptipada police limits in Mayurbhanj district today. The deceased had come to her house during Durga Puja holidays. While inserting the plug of a TV set into a socket this morning, she accidentally received electric shock. She as rescued in a critical condition and rushed to the Udala sub-divisional hospital, where doctor declared her dead.

Also Read

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.