Brahmapur, Oct 23:
In a tragic incident two members of a family from the Godabarish Nagar locality here died of asphyxia while two others were admitted to the MKCG hospital in serious conditions on Wednesday.
Reports said since there is no power supply after Cyclone Phailin hit the city, the family had kept a generator running inside the room in which they were sleeping. Unfortunately, they had also kept the doors and windows of the room closed.
After getting a distress call from one of the family members at around 2 am on Wednesday, a relative broke open the door and found four members in an unconscious state. He rushed them to the hospital.
Sources said two of them, mother Anita Sahoo and daughter Saina were declared dead while two others, including father Ambuja Sahu and son Om, are undergoing treatment at the hospital.