Home HEADLINES Two minors dead, six ill after consuming prasad in Odisha

Two minors dead, six ill after consuming prasad in Odisha

0
SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Baripada, Mar 5:

Two students died and six others took ill after consuming prasad late yesterday afternoon in Odisha’s Mayurbhanj district.

Doctor holding syringe and getting ready for injection; Shutterstock ID 48547438; PO: aol; Job: production; Client: drone

The unfortunate incident took place at Sana Nuagaon under Chandua police station limits under Kuliana block in the district.

According to reports, a girl of the village allegedly distributed sev and boondi to children as prasad after conclusion of the annual high school certificate (HSC) examination yesterday.

Soon after consuming the popular Indian snack, the minors developed nausea, loose motion and dizziness. As their condition deteriorated, they were rushed to district headquarters hospital here last evening.

“The girl had offered us stale boondi and we consumed it. I felt uneasy after consuming it,” Seemarani, who was admitted to the hospital said.

Notably, the girl who had offered prasad to the students also took ill and was discharged after providing treatment.

“I came to know about it when the children started vomiting. They said that they had taken prasad offered by a girl,” mother of a patient said.

While two minors died, six others were admitted to government-run hospital in a critical condition for treatment.

“Six students are undergoing treatment of which two are critically ill. We have administered medicines and oxygen to them. Condition of four minors is stable now,” attending doctor Pradeep Mohapatra said.

The deceased have been identified as Durga Singh (4) and Sambhu Nayak (7).

Meanwhile, villagers have handed over the girl to police for distributing stale food.