Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Chhatrapur, Oct 4:
In a tragic incident, two members of a family died and two others were taken seriously ill after taking contaminated food in a village in Odisha’s Ganjam district today.
According to reports, a man and his three children from a poor family in Rajpur village under Chhatrapur police station limits, suffered from acute stomach pain and vomiting after they had dinner on Friday night.
All four of them were then rushed to the Chhatrapur government hospital from where they were later shifted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Brahmapur.
But the son and a daughter, who were in a very critical state, succumbed to food poisoning this morning.
The deceased have been identified as Rohit Gouda (7) and his sister Suni Gouda (12).
The condition of the father Kameswar (46) and his eldest daughter Mini (20) was also stated to be critical, reports said.