Home STATE Tusker electrocuted in Odisha village

Tusker electrocuted in Odisha village

0
SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Dhenkanal, Nov 22:

tusker electrocuted

An adult tusker died of electrocution on Saturday after it got entrapped in live electric wires while grazing in a paddy field at Alusingh under Hindol forest range in Odisha’s Dhenkanal district, Forest department officials said.

Dhenkanal DFO Pradipta Kumar Sahu said that the tusker, aged about 30, came in contact with a live wire allegedly illegally drawn from a low transmission line for domestic use in a paddy field at Alusingh.

Sahu said the carcass of the dead jumbo was buried on the spot after vet conducted a post-mortem on it. A complaint would be filed against the local officials of Central Electricity Supply Utility (CESU) for neglect causing the death of the jumbo, he added.