Angul: A tusker was reportedly electrocuted after coming in contact with an 11KV live electric wire near Hemamira village under Handapa Range in Odisha’s Angul district last night.
The age of the dead elephant is estimated to be 10-11 years. The pachyderm reportedly strayed into the village in search of food and came in contact with the live wire installed around a farmland for keeping boars away from crops.
On being informed, Forest officials reached the spot and started investigation. The carcass will undergo autopsy today, sources said.
Notably, as many as seven elephants were electrocuted after coming in contact with a live wire at Kamalanga village under Sadar Forest Range in Dhenkanal district on October 26.