Bhubaneswar: The Twin City Commissionerate Police issued a traffic advisory today, ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the Odisha capital tomorrow.
The traffic regulation advisory imposes certain restrictions from 2 pm to 10 pm, in order to ensure smooth traffic flow and hassle-free commutation to and from Bhubaneswar on April 16.
As per the guidelines:
- The general public are advised not to use NH-16 between 2 pm and 10 pm tomorrow;
- Local buses plying between Baramunda Bus Stand towards Cuttack will use the service road upto Vani Vihar and then go up on NH-16 flyover;
- Similarly, passenger buses coming from Cuttack to Baramunda Bus Stand will ply on NH-16 flyover and proceed to Khandagiri Sqaure and then take a right turn onto the service road to reach Baramunda Bus Stand;
- Buses arriving from Khordha to Baramunda will avail the service road to reach the said bus stand;
- All light vehicles and four-wheelers commuting on NH-16 from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar will be diverted from Balikuda Chhak (under Cuttack UPD) to Pitapalli Chhak (under Bhubaneswar UPD) via Trishula, Baranga and Chhak between 2 pm and 10 pm. Same traffic arrangement will be applicable for through light vehicles on NH-16 from Khordha to Cuttack, and
- All heavy goods vehicles/ trucks coming on NH-16 from Khordha to Bhubaneswar will be parked at Pitapalli Chhak and those heavy goods vehicles/ trucks commuting from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar will be parked at Manguli and beyond between 2 pm and 10 pm, tomorrow.
Prime Minister and BJP leader Narendra Modi is scheduled to visit Odisha capital to address a public meeting at the Baramunda Ground. He will also hold a roadshow in the Temple City from the Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) to the meeting venue via Siripur Square.