Sum Hosp fire mishap in Odisha: 3 electricians suspended

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Oct 18:

A day after the fire mishap at SUM Hospital in Odisha capital, the hospital authorities today suspended its three electricians citing dereliction of duty on their part, informed Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the hospital Jyoti Prakash Das.


The authorities are however tight lipped regarding the exact reason behind their suspension.

Meanwhile, health services have resumed at the hospital except in ICU, dialysis and emergency wards. Steps are being taken to provide free treatment to injured persons and compensation for the family members of the deceased would be announced soon, the PRO said.

Fire Service DG Binay Behera who visited the hospital today said that prima facie it appears that short circuit was the reason behind the incident.

Notably, fire broke out in the Intensive Care Unit of the dialysis ward in the first floor of the SUM Hospital due to electric short circuit last evening.

Also Read

Comments are closed.