Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Balianta (Khordha), Aug 22:
Six persons were injured and one of them seriously when gas from a LPG cylinder leaked in their house at Dandilo village of Balianta block in Odisha’s Khordha district this morning.
According to reports, Sadhu Charan Sahu of Dandilo village had brought a LPG cylinder. But as he later noticed leakage of gas and water vapour from the cylinder, he had called his neighbour Krushna Chandra Panda alias Tukuna to his house to repair his defective LPG cylinder.
While Panda was examining the cylinder, one of the members of Sahu lit a match stick to a stove. As a result, the leaked gas inside the kitchen room came in contact with the fire in which five members of the family and Tukuna sustained severe burn injuries.
Following information, the villagers informed the police. Later, all six injured persons were rushed in a 108 ambulance to Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar from where Tukuna was shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack where his condition was stated to be critical.
Sources in the Capital Hospital said of the five family members of Sahu, his three-year-old daughter Sara Sahu and wife Labanya Sahu (45) have sustained severe burn injuries.