Kabul, Sep 3:
Over 250 girls in two schools in Afghanistan have had to be hospitalised after they inhaled some mysterious fumes and displayed signs of poisoning, a media report said on Thursday.
The schools are located in Herat province, Khaama Press reported.
According to sources, 115 girls were hospitalised on Thursday, 50 on Wednesday and 126 on Monday. All inhaled some type of gas and displayed signs of poisoning.
The schoolgirls ranged in age from between 9 and 18, the sources added.
Aseeluddin Jami, the deputy governor of Herat province, said he believed the incidents were deliberately caused.
An investigation has been launched into the incident. (IANS)