Home BIG STORY Satish Gajbhiye withdraws case challenging suspension

Satish Gajbhiye withdraws case challenging suspension

0
SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Cuttack, Feb 4:

Odisha cadre IPS- former Kendrapara SP Satish Gajbhiye today withdrew his petition from Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) challenging his suspension order.

Satish Gajbhiye
Satish Gajbhiye

The former Kendrapara SP had challenged his suspension order in the CAT citing that his suspension had come 45 days after departmental action was initiated against him and was thus illegal. He had sought for quashing of the suspension order on that ground.

Before admitting the petition, CAT sought opinion of the state government on the matter. The state government submitted documents before the CAT that the state government can start departmental proceedings and suspend any IPS officer within 90 days by seeking approval from the Central government.

Gajbhiye told CAT today that he was withdrawing his plea after going through all the documents.

Government pleader Gobind Chandra Nayak said the petitioner withdrew the case after he felt he had no grounds.

Earlier, on December 22 last year, the CAT had rejected his three petitions challenging departmental proceedings against him.

Gajbhiye was suspended on August 13 last year for alleged police excesses on the public during a demonstration at Kendrapara against Sarathi Baba on August 7 last year. The state government later extended his suspension by another six months on November 9 last year.

The former Kendrapara SP is also embroiled in controversy over grabbing of government land in Gop block of Puri district apart from the Sarathi Baba issue.