Los Angeles, April 5 :
Femalefirst.co.uk lists reasons why running is beneficial:
* It doesn’t cost you anything: You can run anywhere you like to, and it doesn’t cost you anything. Just pick your destination and head to it.
* You become more social: Struggle to find the time to see your friends and fit everything else in your life, then combine the two. You don’t even have to take new friends, look for running groups and make friends with like-minded people.
* You burn fat whilst still: Running helps to boost your metabolism and keep it going whilst you’re not moving. So after a run, you’re still burning calories.
* Gives you an energy boost: All exercise increases energy levels. Just one running session can increase your levels and chip away at fatigue.
* Improves your self-esteem: Running will not only increase energy levels, but your self-esteem too. If you run outside you’re more likely to feel better post-workout than those who had unpleasant scenery.
* Watch the stress fall behind: As you run you’ll see the stress fall behind. It boosts the brains serotonin levels and research has indicated that regular exercise might actually remodel the brain making it calmer.