Bhubaneswar, Nov 4:
Diwali had its customary share of fire accidents in the Capital city.
Property worth about Rs 25 lakh was destroyed in a fire in Sahid Nagar Haat here. Fire broke out in two shops – Tarini Bastralaya and Tarini Store – located in the daily market behind the Durga Puja Pandal late on Sunday evening. The fire was doused by the Fire brigade. Electric short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire.
Reports said in another incident, a house behind Bhagabati temple in Jayadev Vihar area caught fire when a cracker landed on it and the LPG cylinder inside the house burst. By the time fire brigade reached the spot, the house was already reduced to ashes.