Kendrapara: A poacher who had gone into a forest for hunting was electrocuted along with a wild boar after he fell into an electric wire trap at Purbapada village under Mahakalapada block in Kendrapara district last night. His body was found besides the carcass of the boar this morning.
The deceased has been identified as Bijaya Mirdha (35) of Purbapada village.
Sources said a wild boar fell into an electric wire trap that was laid around a yard to protect paddy crops from wild animals last night. Hearing its roars, Bijaya went into the forest for hunting and accidentally came in contact with the electric wire and died on the spot.
On receiving information, police and forest officials reached the spot this morning and began an inquiry into the incident. Meanwhile, the body has been sent to hospital for post-mortem, sources said.