Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, May 29:
Students, seeking admission to MBBS degree offered by AIIMS, today sat for the entrance examination at various centres including Odisha.
According to sources, over 3.5 lakh students across the country are appearing in the test conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi.
The test was conducted for AIIMS, New Delhi and six AIIMS-like institutions across the country for admission into 672 MBBS seats.
For AIIMS New Delhi, this year 72 (seventy-two) seats for Indian nationals are available for admission to MBBS course. Out of these, 11 (eleven) seats are reserved for the SC, 05 seats are reserved for the ST, 19 seats are reserved for OBC and 37 seats for general category for Indian nationals
In the six new AIIMS (viz: Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh,) the intake has been set at 100 students each [UR-50, OBC-27, SC-15 & ST-08].
The Online Computer Based Test (CBT) was conducted in two shifts – Morning Shift/First Shift: 09.00 AM to 12.30 PM and Afternoon Shift/Second Shift: 03.00 PM to 06.30 PM.
The entrance test was conducted across 171 centres including six cities in Odisha. They are: Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Balasore, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Rourkela.
According to reports, the result of the entrance test is expected to be announced on June 14.
- Date of Entrance Exam (CBT-Online): 29th May 2016 (Sunday)
- Expected Date of Declaration of Result: 14th June 2016 (Tuesday)
- Proposed Counseling Schedule to be held at AIIMS, New Delhi
- First Counseling: 04th , 05th , 07th & 08th July 2016
- Second Counseling: 04th August 2016
- Third Counseling: 06th September 2016
- Open Counseling: 27th September 2016
- Medical Examination of selected Candidates: 11th July 2016
- General Orientation of New Batch including visit to Ballabhgarh Community Development Block: 12th – 14th July 2016
- Academic Program (Classes Begin): 15th July – 31st July 2016
- Orientation Program by CREST: 01st – 09th August 2016
- Teacher Mentors Program Interactive Session/Feedback session about orientation Program: 10th to 11th August 2016
- Resumption of Academic Program: 12th August 2016