Malkangiri: More than 150 girl students of Badapada Kanyashram in Chitrakonda block of Odisha’s Malkangiri district fell ill allegedly after consuming flattened rice mixed with phenyle in breakfast this morning.
They were admitted to Chitrakonda hospital for treatment.
According to reports, the students complained of vomiting and loose motion after eating the flattened rice. They were immediately taken to Chitrakonda via boat and hospitalised.
The school authorities said the flattened rice was brought to the school in a vehicle that was also carrying phenyl. The eatable might have mixed with the phenyl which led to deterioration of health condition of students, the authorities said.