Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Rayagada, Sept 27:
A 19-year-old girl died while seven members of her family fell seriously ill after eating wild rat meat in their village Kanabai of Bisamcuttack block in Odisha’s Rayagada district.
According to reports, the family had taken wild rat meat in their dinner on Thursday night. Late in the night, all of them suffered from acute stomach pain and vomiting.
One of the family members, Sasmita Huika (19) died early on Friday morning while the seven seriously ill members—Achana Huika (58), Loknath Huika (26), Makara Huika (17), Raghunath Huika (12), Ale Huika (23), Kanti Huika (21) and Namita Huika (15) – were rushed to the district headquarters hospital.
“The condition of these seven patients is stable,” said Dr Mohd Abdul Majid at the hospital.