Boudh: In a tragic incident, a woman was charred to death while her brother sustained critical injuries in a major fire that broke out in a house at Kalapathar village in Boudh district today.
Sources said five rooms of a house of one Maheswar Pradhan at the village were reduced to ashes in the fire that erupted due to short circuit at around 11 AM today. While Maheswar managed to escape the house with injuries, his sister Bhagyabati Pradhan (25) was charred to death in the fire.
On receiving information, fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames. Critically-injured Maheswar was later admitted to the Boudh district headquarters hospital for treatment.