Kalahandi: In an unfortunate incident, a woman died of electrocution while trying to save her five-year-old daughter here today in Odisha’s Kalahandi district.
The incident was reported from Bagpada village at Jayantpur under Kegaon police limits.
According to reports, the woman identified as Rasa Majhi died after coming in contact with an electric wire while trying to save her daughter, who was playing with the wire.
Majhi was admitted to Kalahandi district headquarters hospital where she died while undergoing treatment.
The husband of the deceased held the electricity department responsible for the incident.
“The incident took place at around 9.00 am when my daughter was playing with an earthing wire and got electric shock. My wife rushed to the spot and became victim while she was trying to save our daughter,” said Nakul Majhi, the husband of the deceased.
“The electricity department is responsible for death my wife. The department officials should fix the electrical faults as we all are living with our children,” he added.