Home FEATURED Odisha: Two of family die, 2 critical after consuming poisonous mushroom

Odisha: Two of family die, 2 critical after consuming poisonous mushroom

0
SHARE

Baripada: Consumption of poisonous mushroom turned fatal for a family of Kainphulia village under Betnoti block of Odisha’s Mayurbhanj district as two of its members died and two others fell critically ill.

The deceased have been identified as Phudan Majhi (37) and his sister-in-law Laxmi Majhi (35). On the other hand, husband and son of the woman have been hospitalised.

According to reports, members of the family had consumed mushroom, which was reportedly poisonous, in dinner last night.

Moments after, Phudan and Laxmi complained of loose motion and vomiting. Both died before being taken to hospital.

On being informed, police reached the village along with a scientific team, seized the bodies and sent those for post-mortem.