Bhubaneswar: Taking action based on the task force report on multiple allotments of house and plot under discretionary quota, the development authorities decided to cancel those within a month in Bhubaneswar.
The move came at a high level meeting of Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA) on Thursday.
As per the decision, the multiple houses or plots allotted to the beneficiaries under the DQ will be cancelled in first phase. A list of cancellation of plots will be submitted to the Housing & Urban Development Minister Niranjan Pujari within seven days of the action.
The recommendation will be made within one month for cancellation of DQ allotments, said a senior official in the BDA.
Sources said that as the multiple plots and houses were allotted by the then H&UD Minister, the present minister can cancel the allotments under DQ.
As per the rule, the file recommending cancellation of plots or houses will be sent to the H&UD Minister, who will approve it finally for canceling the plots or houses under the discretionary quota.
The meeting was held yesterday following the directive by the State government asking the development authorities in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack and Odisha State Housing Board to take action on the report on implementation of the task force report on multiple allotments under DQ in twin city.
The General Administration (GA) department in a letter in July last week to the vice-chairpersons of BDA, CDA and OSHB had directed to implement the task force report recommendation.