Jharsuguda: An electrical worker was electrocuted while carrying out a power transformer maintenance work at Rengali village here in the district this morning.
The deceased was identified as Kanhu Charan Sahoo (30) from Chhattisgarh State. He was working as a contractual worker in an outsourcing agency.
According to reports, Sahoo had climbed up on a power transformer after getting a power cut complaint at Rengali village under Lakhanpur block in Jharsuguda district in the morning. While putting a fuse in the transformer, he was glued to the electrical equipment after coming in contact with electrical wires following which he was charred to death.
On receiving information, police rushed to the spot and started a probe into the incident.
The locals demanded compensation for the deceased’s family.