Home ODISHA LATEST Odisha man electrocuted during power transformer maintenance

Odisha man electrocuted during power transformer maintenance

1
SHARE

Jharsuguda: An electrical worker was electrocuted while carrying out a power transformer maintenance work at Rengali village here in the district this morning.

The deceased was identified as Kanhu Charan Sahoo (30) from Chhattisgarh State. He was working as a contractual worker in an outsourcing agency.

According to reports, Sahoo had climbed up on a power transformer after getting a power cut complaint at Rengali village under Lakhanpur block in Jharsuguda district in the morning. While putting a fuse in the transformer, he was glued to the electrical equipment after coming in contact with electrical wires following which he was charred to death.

On receiving information, police rushed to the spot and started a probe into the incident.

The locals demanded compensation for the deceased’s family.

1 COMMENT

  1. Case filed in National Human Rights Commission on 03.12.2018:

    HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION BY ENERGY DEPARTMENT OF ODISHA UNDER ARTICLE 21 OF CONSTITUTION OF INDIA & ARTICLE 03 OF UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS.

    From Date: 03.12.2018
    Jayanta Kumar Das (RTI Activist),
    Satya Nagar (Sidhamahabir Patana),
    Puri, Odisha-752002, 7978194551(M), 06752250056(L),
    Email: [email protected].

    To
    The Chairperson,
    National Human Rights Commission,
    Manav Adhikar Bhawan, New Delhi.

    Sub: ONE ELECTRICAL WORKER DIED ON THE SPOT AFTER COMING CONTACT WITH LIVE CONDUCTOR WHILE PUTTING A FUSE IN THE TRANSFORMER IN JHARSUGUDA DISTRICT IN ODISHA.

    Dear Sir,

    With respect I, Sri Jayanta Kumar Das want to inform you that one news dated 03.12.2018 was published Odisha Sun Times that One Electrical Worker named Kanhu Charan Sahoo (aged about 30 years) from Chhattisgarh State who was working as a contractual worker in an outsourcing agency had climbed up on a power transformer after getting a power cut complaint at Rengali village under Lakhanpur block in Jharsuguda district of Odisha. While putting a fuse in the transformer, he was glued to the electrical equipment after coming in contact with electrical wires following which he was charred to death on 03.12.2018.

    This type of incident happened owing to callousness of Energy Department of Odisha. This is a clear violation of Human rights under article 21 of Constitution of India 1949 & Article 03 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

    PRAYER
    1. Urge the Commission to direct the Energy Department of Odisha to pay compensation Rs 10, 00,000/- (Rupees Ten Lakh) to the next of kin of the deceased immediately apart from the insurance & other death benefits of the deceased and send the proof of Compensation to the NHRC before the next date of hearing without fail.

    2. Urge the Commission to direct the Odisha Police(District Police Office, Jarsuguda) to send the Autopsy Report of the deceased along with Action Taken Report (ATR) to NHRC before next hearing without fail.

    3. Urge the Commission to order Odisha government to investigate the negligence of duty by Energy Department of Odisha and to take legal action against the erring employees of Energy Department and send the documentary proof of legal action taken along with Action Taken Report (ATR) to NHRC before next hearing without fail.

    4. Any other action the Commission may deem appropriate.

    Yours Truly
    JAYANTA KUMAR DAS
    Documents Attached:-
    1. Copy of the News published in Odisha Sun Times dated 03.12.2018.

Comments are closed.