Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government has decided to depute director-level officers of various departments to monitor relief & restoration works in cyclone ‘Titli’-hit Gajapati district, informed Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) Bishnupada Sethi after a high level review meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi.
“The Heads of Departments of Panchayati Raj, Health, Veterinary, Agriculture, Horticulture, Energy, etc have been asked to go to Gajapati and assist the district administration in restoration work,” the SRC said.
“Two additional NDRF and three ODRAF units will be deployed in Gajapati to expedite restoration process,” he official said.
Here’s summary of relief & restoration works in Gajapati as per official sources:
• 3 trucks loaded with 4000 pcs of polythene sheets despatched to Gajapati district
• 500 packets of Chuda & Gur have been sent to Badagarh, Gangabada GP of Rayagada Block.
• 29 Medical Relief Centers opened and 14 no. of Mobile medical teams have been deployed in the district.
• 69 pregnant women shifted to Maa gruha
• 16 No. of Cattle camps opened.
• 79 MT of cattle feed supplied and the distribution is ongoing.
• Additional 21 MT cattle feed will be supplied today.
• NH to Sundhipudi towards Paralakhemundi road approx 5 Km cleared.
• Mohana to Parlakhemundi road cleared of 120- 125 km
• Chandragiri to R. Udayagiri Road cleared
• Mohana to R. Udayagiri road cleared.
• Nuagada to Khajuripada road cleared.
• Restoration of Mochamara to Gosani block is in progress.
• Restoration of Kashinagar to Paralakhemundi is in progress.
• Restoration of roads of Gunupur block completed.
• Restoration of Gopili to palasa road is in progress.
• Water supply provided in 40% area using DG set .
• Roads of block Headquarters have been restored.
• Connectivity to villages have been restored.
• BSNL Services have been improved.