Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, May 9:
The Odisha government has decided to bring the allotment of plots and flats made under discretionary quota (DQ) before 1995 under the purview of investigation.
If any person who has availed plots and flats under DQ before 1995 is found to have availed the same after 1995, the government would cancel his/her allotment, sources in the Urban Development (UD) department said.
A senior official of the Urban Development department on Friday said the verification of allotment of land and flats under DQ before 1995 has become imperative as going by the Supreme Court guidelines it is found that the DQ allotment made after 1995 is not valid. Considering the above, the department would issue notices to all allottees.
He also said the possibility of cancellation of DQ plot and flats is greater in case of persons who have not utilised these pilots for the purpose they were allotted.
It may be mentioned that the State Cabinet had earlier decided that the allotment of plot and flats under DQ made after January 1, 1995 would be cancelled. However, the state government later decided that while show cause notices would be issued to all allottees, Vigilance investigation would be launched only against those who have availed more than one plot or flat.
At a meeting on December 18 last year, the cabinet had decided that the Finance department would conduct a special audit into the sale of DQ plots and flats to third parties.
However, Finance minister Pradip Kumar Amat, in a media briefing on Friday, said his department had not received any order in this regard till date.
As per the report of the special task force formed by the state government, Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA) had allotted 803 plots and flats under DQ while the Cuttack Development Authority (CDA) and the Odisha State Housing Board (OSHB) had allotted 921 and 67 plots and flats respectively since January 1, 1995.
The report had stated that some persons had managed to avail 302 plots and flats from BDA, CDA and OSHB under different schemes by furnishing wrong information and submitting false affidavits.
Of the 302 plots and flats, BDA, CDA and OSHB had allotted 162, 104 and 18 plots and flats.
Following the recommendation of the task force, the state government has decided to take action against 54 allottees who have availed more than one plot and house under DQ from BDA, CDA and OSHB.