Cuttack: A major mishap was averted after a fire broke out in a surgery department at the SCB Medical College and Hospital here today.
However, no casualty or injury was reported in the incident.
Sources said a fire erupted in the main operation theater (OT) of surgery department at the hospital. Soon after, a firefighting team was pressed into service to douse the flames. Short circuit is suspected to be the cause behind the fire.
The OT has been closed after the incident.
More details awaited..