Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik yesterday launched the official website of 22nd Asian Athletics Championships– www.odisha2017.games
Patnaik also reviewed the arrangements for the mega sporting event at the State Secretariat here.
Here are the excerpts from the Chief Minister’s review:
• More than 800 athletes and 320 officials from 45 countries are arriving for the Championships featuring 42 events and 20 world champion athletes.
• 3 lakh sq. ft. of area in the stadium has undergone grass turfing; 45 team tents & accommodation facilities for players in 15 hotels and various guest houses.
• Hygiene and quality of food to be ensured through Food Safety Officers.
• Konark and Bhubaneswar tour on 4 July for sports officials & committee members; visits to tourist sites for athletes on 10-11 July.
• Medical Control Rooms at Kalinga Stadium & Capital Hospital from 1-11 July for medical check-ups and treatment.
• 40 volunteers engaged to welcome athletes to Bhubaneswar; special help desks at airports of Delhi, Mumbai Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai.
• Proactive branding for the event being conducted across the city & on TV, radio and events like Patha Utsav.
• Buzz has been created through social media with over a lakh followers on various social media platforms; global interest being generated in the event with Odisha as a host.
• Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation promoting the event in educational institutes in the city.
• Extensive arrangements made for security of athletes at hotels, buses and Kalinga Stadium.
Patnaik urged all officials to work in tandem for efficient execution of all programmes of the event.