Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Hyderabad, Jan 29:
A nine-year-old boy, hailing from Jaleswar in Odisha’s Balasore district, died at a private hospital in Hyderabad yesterday. The family members alleged that the minor boy died due to overdose of anesthesia and medical negligence.
On Thursday morning, Hardik Jena, a student of class III in Glendale School, had suffered a minor injury on his hand. The school authorities had admitted the student to the nearby Olive Hospital.
The boy underwent a minor surgery for the injury. However, his condition started deteriorating following which he was admitted to ICU. But things took a turn for worse as Hardik was made to wait for 10 hours before treatment was started. He breathed his last yesterday morning while undergoing treatment, his family has alleged.
The deceased Hardik Jena is the son of Ashis Jena and Shipra Jena. They live in Hyderabad.
The family has filed a written complaint with the Rajendra Nagar police station in Hyderabad.
The body was sent for post mortem and the report is expected today and the report will throw light on the cause of death, police said.