Home ODISHA LATEST Nijukti Mela incident a ‘natural outburst’ against Naveen bluff, says OJM

Nijukti Mela incident a ‘natural outburst’ against Naveen bluff, says OJM

0
SHARE

OST Bureau

Bhubaneswar, Dec 22:

Terming the violence that erupted at the Nijukti Mela in Jajpur on Thursday to have been a ‘natural reaction’ of the state’s youth to BJD government’s empty promises of providing employment and self employment to 44 lakh people over last ten years, Odisha Jan Morcha vice-president and president of Odisha Bekari Virodhi Abhijan, Chandra Mishra has called upon chief minister Naveen Patnaik to realize his failures and demanded immediate withdrawal of the FIR registered in connection with the Nijukti Mela incident as well as the release of the four arrested young people.Nijukti Mela Dec 2013

Mishra, in a press release issued on Sunday evening, reminded Patnaik of his promises made by him during the 2004 and 2009 elections to provide 29 lakh and 15 lakh jobs and self employment respectively, something he had failed to honour.

He underlined the fact that while 7.5 lakh unemployed youths were registered with the employment exchanges across the state in the 2004 the figure has swollen to 10.83 lakh now.

Resentment and anger has been growing among the unemployed youth in the state and the Jajpur incident was an outburst of that anger, Mishra said. He pointed out that a similar incident had happened at Rourkela in 2011 during a Nijukti Mela. Last year, Mishra said, violence had erupted in Phulbani over the issue of employment of local people and local tribal leader Lambodhar Kanhar was arrested.

Putting unemployed youths who are victims of government’s perpetual deception, behind bars is nothing but inhuman and a naked display of authoritarianism, said Mishra.