Bhadrak: A newly-wed woman was killed in a fire mishap in Ogalapur village of Boudhpur here today afternoon.
According to reports, the fire broke out from the house of one Mangala Tudu where the victim was cooking. Due to intense heat, the fire spread rapidly to nearby houses.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot after being informed by the villagers and tried to douse the flames.
15 houses and properties worth lakhs were reduced to ashes in the fire while a few other houses were affected by the flare of the flames.