Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Balasore, Dec 11:

Nearly 40 houses and valuables worth lakhs were reduced to ashes in a village in Odisha’s Balasore district late on Sunday night.


According to reports, almost half of Gadasahi village under Oupada block in the district was engulfed in fire yesterday night.

Malati Khatua’s house caught fire which spread to other houses taking at least 13 thatched houses into its fold. Neighgours rescued Malati by breaking open the door.

It is suspected that the fire mishap might have originated from fireplace.

A woman has sustained injuries in the incident, reports said.

Fire tenders from Nilagiri and Khaira were rushed the spot to douse the fire.