SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Angul, Jan 9:

In a shocking incident, a two-year-old baby girl died today in Odisha’s Angul district while her five-year-old brother is fighting for life in hospital after the duo consumed pesticide mixed flattened rice.

angul

According to reports, one Pranabandhu Sahoo of Badakera village had employed a farmer couple from Ogi village under Jarpada police station at his farmhouse near Matalia Bridge under Angul block in the district.

Mohan Pradhan and his family was provided with accommodation at the farm.

This morning while the couple was busy in the farm, their two children – Sonali and Amulya – ate pesticide mixed flattened rice kept for birds.

The brother-sister duo fell ill moments after eating the poisonous food.

After returning home, Mohan found them in a critical condition and rushed them to District Headquarters Hospital here.

While Sonali breathed her last at the hospital, her brother is stated to be in a critical condition.