SHARE

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Tirtol, Dec 15:

While a woman was burnt alive, as many as seven houses reduced to ashes in a massive fire that broke out on Wednesday evening critically injuring two in Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha.

fire

The deceased has been identified as Chinmayee Sahoo (35) of Samantraypur village under Tirtol block in the district. The injured are her husband Umakanta Sahoo and Annapurna Sahoo, a neighbour.

LPG cylinder leak has been ascertained as the cause of the incident.

According to reports, unawaringly, regulator of the LPG cylinder was left open in the kitchen of Umakanta.

While Chinmayee was lighting diya yesterday in the evening, the LPG caught fire and spread out in no time following which she choked to death failing to come out of the house.

The injured tried to rescue her but failed. They were admitted to Patakura Medical and later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital following deterioration in their health condition.