Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Feb 1:
Goods worth millions were reduced to ashes after a massive fire engulfed an apparel store near Maharshi College square on Janpath in Odisha capital in the wee hours today.
According to reports, a massive fire broke out at a branded apparel store–All That Jazz—at around 2.30 am following which fire tenders rushed to the spot to contain the vigorous fire.
At least five fire fighting vehicles were pressed into service and it took over six hours to douse the blaze. The fire caused panic among the people as a filling station was barely few meters from the showroom where the fire broke out. The firemen prepared a solution and sprayed on the affected areas to put out the fire.
Though the reason is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that electrical short circuit could have caused of the devastating fire.
“The fire has caused extensive damage to the property of the showroom. There were several high value products in the outlet including of foreign brands. Costly perfumes, jewellery and watches were gutted in the fire. Roughly property worth over Rs 50 lakh was damaged in the fire,” a showroom employee said.
No casualty has been reported in the mishap.