Jeypore: In a tragic incident, a person died while trying to save his wife from getting electrocuted at Maliguda village in Jeypore block of Odisha’s Koraput district today.
According to reports, Rupi Paraja, wife of Kamalu Paraja, came in contact with a live electric wire while she was drying clothes after taking bath. Her husband also received electric shock in an attempt to save her from electrocution.
Both were rescued by locals and admitted to Jeypore hospital, where Kamalu was declared dead. The woman is undergoing treatment and her condition is stated to be critical.