SHARE

Kujang: In an unfortunate incident at Kujang community health center (CHC) in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur district, first-aid treatment of two injured persons was done in candle light on yesterday evening due to power cut in the area.

24052016_24-MD-BM-7_22713318

According to reports, one Mrutyunjaya Das of Jagatsinghpur met with an accident when he was on the way to Paradip on his bike. The two-wheeler collided head-on with another bike driven by Pabitra Mallick of Bhutamundai village. Both of them sustained grievous injuries in the accident and were rushed to Kujang CHC.

In the meantime, power went off in the area putting a tough task in front of the doctors to treat the injured duo. As the health center was not equipped with generator or inverter, the injured were first-aided using candle and mobile phone torch. They were later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.