Bhubaneswar: Extremely severe cyclonic storm FANI hit Odisha coast on May 3 devastating Puri and parts of Khurda district. It claimed at least 35 lives. While thousands of trees were uprooted and several houses destroyed, the restoration process has been started.
Here is the list of actions taken for the restoration:
- Road communication in Ganjam and Gajapati completely restored. Road clearance and restoration works in other districts including Bhubaneswar city is going on.
- Considering the serious disruption of electricity supply, road communication, telephone and mobile connectivity, additional support has been rushed for immediate restoration. Additional teams for road clearance, police for Law and Order, distribution of dry food such as Chuda and Gud, Polythene mobilized to the district.
- 14,18,082 Persons evacuated and sheltered.
- 24,889 numbers of tourists safely evacuated from Puri, Ganjam, Cuttack and Balasore districts.
- 2398 number of polythene rolls from Gajapati district and 3200 rolls from Ganjam district sent to Puri.
- 600 rolls of polythene from Balangir and 200 rolls from Bargarh sent to Cuttack district.
- 500 rolls of polythene from Mayurbhanj, 350 rolls from Keonjhar, 300 rolls from Jharsuguda and 800 rolls from Koraput sent Khordha district
- 15889 packets of relief materials (Chuda, Gur, Biscuit, Candle, Match Box & Salt) handed over to Puri, 4632 packets to Khurda and 800 packets to E. Co. Rly.
- 03 medical teams of Indian Coast Guard, at Paradip with first aid kit, emergency medicines and critical care ambulance assisting the administration.
- 15 lakh water pkts. and 1.5 lakh chlorine tablets dispatched from Pondicherry to Bhubaneswar.
- 804 no. of MRCs opened.
- 321 number of Mobile Medical Teams Deployed.
- 1945 numbers of pregnant women shifted to Maa Gruhas/ Delivery points.
- 5703 number of open water sources disinfected affected areas.
- 2854947 number of ORS sachets distributed.
- 2334335 number of Halogen Tablets Distributed.
- 56 number of doctors deployed from outside to Boudh, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara and Puri.
- Team of officials from adjoining districts deployed in most affected districts like Puri, Kendrapara and Jagatsinghpur for assisting the District Administration.
- Approximately 200 no. additional gangs have been mobilized from Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal through Partner Agencies such as L & T, TATA Power, PGCIL and NTPC.
- Arrangements have been made for quick procurement and deliver of poles from SAIL for steel poles and State based agencies for PSC (Cement Poles). Distribution transformers are being arranged through Odisha based manufacturers. Other minor material is also being arranged from local sources. In case of any additional requirement of sources from neighbouring States would be tapped.
- The Department of Energy have notified 1.5 times of prescribed wage rate for skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled labourers in cyclone restoration work so as to attract more no of competent gangs from within and outside the State. Fooding wage Rs.150 per person per day has also been prescribed.
- In Puri district 64 roads cleared out of 560 affected roads.
- In Khurda all roads cleared except 11.
- In Jagatsinghpur all roads cleared except in 3 blocks.
- In Cuttack all roads cleared except 11.