Bhubaneswar: Many Odisha Inc’s A-listers celebrated the success of some of their peers who achieved business excellence, at the first edition of Odisha Business Awards (OBA) function held here on Wednesday.
The awards were given to outstanding individuals and organisations who took their respective fields of operations to newer heights while delivering on scale, solidity and quality.
The one-of-its-kind initiative invites nominations that will be adjudged the winner in each category based on online polling validated by a panel of external jury members.
They were chosen on the basis of online polling validated by a panel of external jury members comprising some of the most respected names in Odisha business, politics and media worlds.
The winners of the OBA-2017 are:
1. Excellence in Heavy Industries – Nalco
2. Excellence in Agro Industries – Falcon Marine Exports Limited
3. IT Enterprise of The Year – Computer Lab
4. Real Estate Developer of The Year – Z Estates
Real Estate Developer of The Year (Runner Up) – Utkal Builders
5. Pioneers of Hospitality in Odisha – Swosti Group
6. Best Boutique Hotel of The Year – Pramod Hotels And Resorts
7. Best Eco-Friendly Resort of The Year – Lotus Resorts
8. Best F&B Enterprise of The Year – Ruchi
9. Best Beverage Brand of The Year – Spice Up
10. SME Enterprise Of The Year – Jayadurga Chemcials
11. Most Promising Brand (SME Category) 2017 – Shoukeen Mattress
12. Premium Automobile Dealership Of The Year – Audi, Bhubaneswar
13. Best Automobile Dealership Of The Year – Jyote Motors
14. Automobile Retailer (Runner Up) – Bharat Motors
15. Start-Up Of The Year – Homefills
16. Best Social Impact Start-Up Of The Year – SJ Environmental Solutions
17. Best EduTech Start-Up Of The Year – Digichamps
18. Innovative Business Venture Of The Year – City Pharmacy
19. Best In Home & Decor – Furniture Plaza
20. Home And Decor (Runner Up) – Space Decor
21. Best In Handloom Design – Boyanika
22. Best In Handloom Fusion – Raas
23. Best Fashion Retailer – Kalamandir
24. Fashion Retailer (Runner Up) – Rajhans
25. Best Jewellery Retailer Of The Year – Lalchand Jewellers
26. Best Salon And Spa Of The Year – Naturals
27. Best In Bridal Make-Up – Make Up By Romma
28. Best Electronics Of The Year – Raj Electronics
29. Electronics Retailer (Runner Up) – Gupta Distributors
30. Best Street Food Destination Of The Year – Green Chilliyz
31. Best Bakery Chain – Paris Bakery
32. Best Indian Cuisine Restaurant Of The Year – Narula’s Restaurant
33. Best Western Cuisine Restaurant Of The Year – Bling It On!
34. Best In Barbecue & Grills – Barbeque Nation
35. Best Odia Cuisine Restaurant Of The Year – Odisha Hotel
36. Business Person Of The Year – Dilip Ray, Chairman-Cum-Managing Director of Mayfair Group of Hotels
The packed audience and guests had quite an entertaining evening as the little singing sensation and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champs participant Satyajeet Jena captivated one and all on the floor with his popular “Mile Ho Tum Hum Ko” song. The entertainment didn’t stop here as another singer from Odisha and winner of Indian Idol Junior – 2 Ananya Sritam Nanda too left the audience mesmerized with her beautiful rendition.
This apart, stand-up comedian and humour writer Hriday Ranjan provided a good laughter with his witty one-liners in the evening.
The event witnessed State Higher Education Minister Ananta Das, BJD MLA Akash Das Nayak, former minister and Congress leader Niranjan Patnaik, Eastern Media Limited Chairman and ‘Sambad’ Editor Soumya Ranjan Patnaik among others in attendance.
The OBA – a joint initiative by Sambad, KANAK NEWS, Odisha Sun Times and Radio Choklate – an initiative launched to celebrate the success stories of business organisations of Odisha that are in the endless pursuit to not only carve a niche for themselves but also generating employment opportunities.