Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Kendrapara, Mar 10:
The headmistress of government run Kharinasi upper primary school in Kendrapara district was suspended on Sunday on charges of negligence in supervision of mid day meal (MDM) in the school after over 80 students fell ill after eating MDM in the school on Saturday.
District Education Officer, Markat Keshari Ray today said Alpana Das, headmistress of Kharinasi upper primary school, was suspended on Sunday for alleged negligence in supervision of MDM.
Ray said the inquiry conducted into the incident found that the egg curry given to the students was not fit for human consumption.
He said students started vomiting after developing nausea and had pain in the lower abdomen due to suspected food poisoning on Saturday.
He further said the the headmistress was put under suspension as she had had failed to carry out a quality test of the food stuff before it was served to the students as per statutorory requirements.
A total of eighty students were rushed to the community health center at Mahakalapada, primary health center at Ramnagar and district headquarters hospital at Kendrapara.
However, all the students were discharged on Sunday after treatment, said Manoj Kumar Behera, Additional District Medical Officer, Kendrapara.