Rourkela: Two minor sisters and father, who were critical due to burn injuries in gas cylinder fire mishap in Odisha’s Rourkela, died after battling for life.
The deceased were identified as Suresh Tripathy and his daughters Sruti Tripathy (5) and Swati Tripathy (7). They were undergoing treatment at Ispat General Hospital (IGH) in the steel city Rourkela since the fire incident on July 31.
While Sruti died last night, elder sister Swati breathed her last this morning and their father died this afternoon at the hospital.
Four family members including Suresh Tripathy, his wife Suchitra Tripathy and two daughters were critically injured in the fire, which was caused by LPG gas leak at their home in Indirapali.
While three died, only Suchitra is battling for life at the hospital.