Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Jajpur, Mar 1:
Four members of a family sustained burns ranging between 30 to 5o percent after an LPG cylinder exploded in Baligari village of Odisha’s Jajpur district, police said today.
The LPG cylinder exploded while the family was cooking its meals on Friday. The injured, including a child, have been hospitalised, police said.
The walls of the house and household materials kept inside the house were damaged under the impact of the explosion. The explosion created panic among the villagers. However, the situation was brought under control with the arrival of a fire tender.
Police said it suspected gas leak to be the cause of the explosion.