Reported by Simanchal Panda
11 students of the Nehrupanga Ashram School in Chandrapur who had been taken ill after taking food at their school hostel are now under treatment at the hospital here. They were among the 209 students of the residential Ashram school who were taken to the Chandrapur hospital following a case of suspected food poisoning on Tuesday night.
Reports said, as many as 209 of the 304 students of the Nehrupanga Ashram school complained of giddiness after they had their evening meal in the hostel on Saturday evening and some of them were also found vomiting.
They were immediately rushed to the local hospital for treatment.
While 198 students were sent back to the hostel after medication, eleven boys who were seriously ill, had to be transferred to Muniguda.
Following information, a child specialist from the Rayagada district hospital was deputed to Muniguda today. The doctor in charge of the Chandrapur hospital Manoranjan Rout who is also a child specialist was sent to Nehrupanga Ashram school to keep a watch over the condition of the 198 students who were discharged from the hospital.
“ The condition of all the students is fine and they have recovered completely,” Dr Rout told OST.
The doctors at Muniguda hospital said the 11 students under their care are out of danger and are recovering fast.
The district collector has asked the local police to seize the remnants of the food consumed by the students for tests. The Project Administrator of ITDA, Gunupur has also been asked to visit the school and prepare a report.