Jeypore: A five-year-old girl was charred to death while her mother and younger brother sustained critical burn injuries after fire broke out inside their house at Taragaon under Borigumma block of Odisha’s Koraput district today.
According to reports, the fire mishap took place this morning when the deceased, identified as Dineshwari Harijan, her mother Dhanamati and one-year-old brother Raeel were sleeping inside the house.
While the minor girl was burnt alive, two others were grievously injured and rushed to Borigumma hospital. They were later shifted to Jeypore sub-divisional hospital as their condition deteriorated.
Though the reason behind the outbreak of fire is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that electrical short circuit might have led to the accident.