Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Brajrajnagar, Oct 23:
While the horror of the fire tragedy at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital is fresh in the minds of the people in the state, an incident of fire was reported today at the Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL) Central Hospital in Brajarajnagar in Odisha’s Jharsuguda district.
According to reports, a fire broke out in the X-Ray room of the hospital possibly due to electric short circuit.
The fire was doused in time by MCL’s fire tenders who rushed to the spot immediately before it could spread to other parts of the hospital and thus a major mishap was avoided.
The fire was detected after smoke started billowing from the X-Ray room which was closed at the time of the incident.
Luckily, since the X-Ray room is located at a good distance from the hospital’s wards housing patients it could not result in any casualties.
However, equipment inside the X-Ray room have suffered extensive damage, reports added.