Home ODISHA LATEST Fire mishap at hotel in Odisha’s Rourkela leaves six injured

Fire mishap at hotel in Odisha’s Rourkela leaves six injured

0
SHARE

Rourkela: Fire broke out inside a hotel at Gandhi Chhak in Panposh area of Odisha’s Rourkela city today leaving six persons injured.

According to reports, the fire emerged from an LPG cylinder at ‘Pancham’ hotel due to gas leakage around 7 AM while breakfast was being prepared.

The blaze soon spread and engulfed major portion of the hotel reducing tables, chairs, air coolers, fans and utensils to ashes.

On being informed, two fire tender units reached the spot and doused the flames within 10-15 minutes.

Those who sustained burn injuries in the fire mishap are Pradeep Mahakud (42), Padman Behera (42), Kamalnath Giri (40), Lutu Dutt (50), Alekh Mohapatra (45) and Telsa Toppo (60). The victims are staff of the hotel and have been admitted to the Rourkela Government Hospital for treatment.