Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Bhubaneswar, Dec 11:
A major fire broke out in a private bank situated in a commercial complex in Malisahi under Kharvel Nagar police station in the capital of Odisha, today morning.
The fire due to suspected short circuit enveloped the first floor of the Axis Bank in the complex.
The Malika Complex near Malisahi area houses many banks and other offices. Fire broke out today morning at 6:30 am in the Axis Bank branch.
“We were informed about the fire at 6:30 am in the morning. Immediately fire tenders were called to douse the fire in the first floor of the Axis Bank Branch. The reason might be short circuit as no other office have been affected by the fire,” a fire department official said.
The fire has burnt down important papers and furniture in the private bank. Three fire tenders from the fire department were pressed into service to douse the inferno. There was no loss of life and none of the other offices have been affected.